The bank started its operation in the year 1946. The bank is catering the needs of the area for small business class and the public. The bank was registered as a primary co-operative society under the Kerala Co-operative Societies Act with an area of operation of Vellanikkara. Since its inception, the bank was anchored by eminent personalities who have shown their presence in business and professional sectors. Today as VSCB marches towards the 65th year of humble and successful service, we are thankful to all our customers, staff and all well-wishers who have supported VSCB to attain an enviable position in co-operative banking sector.
Just before independeance, 1946, under the leadership of Sri. Kurumambuzha Govindan master and Avilisseri kuttan ezhuthachan, we started our bank previously known as ‘ Vellanikkara paraspara sahaya samgham’ in the rented building. The bank was controlled by a non political co-ordination committee that time. After that we purchase land and created new building and shifted.
Now bank have Head office and 3 branches (Kerala Agricultural University Branch, 400 KV branch and Evening & Holiday branch in Thottapdy) Besides we cater One Neethi store and Two mannure stores . On 2012 June 1st onwards our KAU Branch and Evening & Holiday Branch working together as Morning and Evening Branch Wrking time 7 AM to 6.30 PM